Thursday, October 17, 2013

This One Wouldn't Let Me Go

photo source: en.wikipedia.org
Did you ever have an idea that grabs hold and won't let go until you pay attention? That's what happened to me a few weeks ago, when I was driving to pick up the kids from school.

I was thinking about the delicate process of raspberry picking, and how it parallels the  ripening process of adolescence. This idea came, as ideas will, at a very inconvenient time. But like a needy child at bedtime, it refused to loose it's grip on me until I spent some time with it.

So with urgency, in my car in the school parking lot, with parents and children hustling past me, I pounded out a short essay on my laptop. That night, I sent the piece out into the world before I could lose my nerve.

I'm happy to report that the parenting magazine, Mamalode, is publishing my essay on its website today.

Head over to Mamalode to read about how we're coping with this season of ripening, but not yet ripe.


1 comment:

If you're having trouble leaving a comment, send me an email at tammyjkleinman [at] gmail.com to let me know.