In response to Mamakat's World Famous Writer's Workshop prompt:
5.) "Fall is here! List your top 10 favorite things about this Fall season."
Top ten reasons that fall rocks:
- It's my birthday! All month. Because I said so.
- No more shorts. Need we say more?
- Good Hair Days, or at least Better Hair Days.
- Soup season. Accompanied by Bread Season.
- Fallen leaves camouflage all the dead grass in the yard.
- Farewell mosquitoes.
- The smell of freshly sharpened #2 pencils.
- Soccer moms' social hour. (Party on the fields: every Tuesday at 5:30 during practice, and again on Saturdays at the games.)
- Socks muffle the crunch of stray cookie crumbs underfoot in the kitchen. Plus they insulate your feet from the pointiest bits.
- Apple picking. Followed by apple pie. And apple cake. And apple turnovers. And applesauce. And apple scones. And apple crumble. And apple brown betty. And apple pancakes. And Apple Blythe Alison Martin (who?)
Apple recipes coming soon. Stay tuned...